Right, you have made the decision to enter into the property market, have your deposit and ….now what.
Don’t worry, you aren’t alone; it is one of the top questions we get. So, we have decided to list our top myths, tips and checklist items to give you a kickstart.
- Get a pre-approval: Even in monopoly you know how much you have before you bid.
- Get the upper hand: Get the edge and checkout the Brixn searching, negotiating and contract hints and tips unique to your journey.
- Don’t just sign a contract: Yes, you get a cooling off period – however if you cancel the contract within the 5 business days a termination penalty of 0.25% of the purchase price can apply.
- Know you budget – Borrow what you can afford; not what you can lend.
- Understand the extras – don’t forget you will have legal fees and stamp duty
- Start Searching – there is no harm in getting out on a weekend and checking out some properties or scanning the advertising websites. Get a feel of what you like and what you need.
- Keep track – begin keeping track of property features. Your brixn app will have this function in-built, checkout the searching tab.
- Find out the unknown – never run the race on your own, the Brixn community is here to support and guide you. Any questions you have we will be sure to find the answer.
This is only the beginning of your journey, but it excites us to see what your future holds.
- Date - July 13, 2017